Pediatric Dentist in Santa Clarita & Palmdale
Treating Children with Care & Compassion
At Neal C. Green, D.D.S., Inc., we want our patients to be comfortable, relaxed, and confident when they visit our office — especially our youngest patients. Whether it’s your child’s first dental appointment or they’re experiencing an urgent issue with their teeth, we can find the appropriate treatment. We also work with young patients who have special needs.
Our Pediatric Dental Services
Our pediatric dentist in Santa Clarita and Palmdale knows how to effectively treat young patients and provide effective dental care. We’re committed to helping children become more at ease with the sights and sounds of the dentist’s office.
We also know that our youngest patients have unique oral health needs, which is why we teach children the importance of oral hygiene and health early. We are proud to provide friendly, caring dental services catered to the unique needs of young patients.
We offer the following pediatric dental treatments in Santa Clarita & Palmdale:
- Exams and cleanings: Oral hygiene is just as important for baby teeth as it is for permanent teeth. During an exam, we aim to discuss with parents and their children how to take care of their teeth and gums, and what steps should be taken if disease or decay is present. We recommend twice-yearly exams and cleanings for children, and x-rays should be taken at least once per year.
- Infant oral health exams: We recommend taking your baby to the dentist as soon as their first baby tooth breaks through.
- Preventative dental care: This includes fluoride treatments as well as nutrition and oral hygiene recommendations. It also includes habit counseling, such as when to stop pacifiers, baby bottles, and thumb sucking.
- Sealants: Even with diligent oral hygiene, cavities can happen. Our goal is to prevent cavities from occurring, which is why we offer dental sealants to cover the natural pits and grooves on the teeth’s chewing surfaces. Unsealed teeth are three times more likely to develop cavities.
- Fillings: If your child has cavities early on, we can provide local numbing while we remove the decay and place a filling that bonds to the teeth and creates a tight seal to protect against future cavities.
- Baby root canals (pulpotomy): Sometimes a tooth cannot be saved with fillings, in which case we may recommend a baby root canal (pulpotomy) to preserve the form, function, and appearance of your child’s tooth. A baby root canal (pulpotomy) can effectively remove diseased pulp and the infection. A dental crown is placed on the treated tooth, as baby teeth that come out too soon can create bite or speech problems in children.
- Care for dental injuries: This includes care for fractured, displaced, or prematurely lost baby teeth.
Dedicated to Patient Comfort
At Neal C. Green, D.D.S., Inc, our highest priority is the comfort of our patients. We take this very seriously, especially in young patients. Understandably, young patients may be fearful and a little more nervous than adults who’ve been to the dentist many times. We do everything in our power to ensure that your child enjoys a painless and anxiety-free dental visit.